Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Shelling!

Soo, I was supposed to be posting my daily shell findings but I had some company and it was my birthday.. so I am a little behind. I still did lots of shelling and took some pics. Normally I dont really collect broken shells but I've decided to start collecting  broken snail shells, as long as the swirly is still in tact and broken welch shells as long as they look neat.. not sure what I am going to do with them but something awesome no doubt!




These were my findings from May 12, 2011

This was my favorite find of that day.. a very worn olive shell with some attached coral.

My birthday sand dollars! That little one made me particularly ecstatic!

The rest of my birthday loot!


I really liked this whelk that was covered in coral bits.

My shell bowl thus far! Its coming right along!

These are from May 16, 2011.

The ever weird pen shell
The largest whelk I've ever seen and or found.

So thats all I got! But I plan on getting a few more hours of shelling in if the weather permits.. who knows what i will find!

No comments:

Post a Comment